When a couple tries to have a baby, their finances are rarely at the forefront of their minds. Most people think the baby will come to them naturally and easily. They think about buying cute clothes and setting up a beautiful nursery.
When pregnancy does not come easily, couples will often start to consider fertility support and money quickly becomes more of a concern.
If you were guaranteed a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby most people would be willing to invest money in achieving that goal.
“Achieving pregnancy can feel like a game of Russian roulette…”
However, achieving pregnancy can feel like a game of Russian roulette, gambling with the odds stacked against. Fertility treatments can make you feel like you’re throwing money at the problem. Yet there is no guarantee you’ll get the results you’re desperate for.
Fertility can bring on tremendous financial pressure. I’ve seen:
- Situations where a woman has paid for all the fertility treatment (in the couple) and feels isolated as she wants it more than him.
- Men become resentful when they have paid without getting the result they want.
- Women using donor insemination struggle repeatedly to pay the mounting bills.
Instead of throwing more money at the problem, I like to explore new avenues of thought.
- Are there any medications which could be impeding your chances of conceiving?
- Is your lifestyle optimal for conception?
- How do you right size this investment against the rest of your life?
- Do you give up holidays, or school fees for an existing sibling?
- Is this causing arguments with your partner?
- If you are a single woman are your friends and family judging you for your choices? (which are hard enough in the first place actually).
- Are these financial strains impacting your relationship?
- Do want to save money and heartache?
Love, support, guidance, a sounding board and valuable advice is what I will give to you so that you can make well-informed decisions regarding your fertility.
Is conceiving much harder than you ever anticipated?
My integrated approach looks at your current physical and emotional state, while providing you with complete confidentiality and support during one of the most difficult challenges of your life.
Learn More About Working Together